My husband and I have been talking about buying and traveling in an RV since our first date. And all it took was six years of being together, 3 years of being married, a baby, and a pandemic to finally pull the trigger!
Yep, we actually did it! We bought our dream camper—a 2009 Winnebago Navion. It’s amazing and I love it and I cannot wait to renovate it!
To be fair to us, we did buy a popup a few years ago and renovated that as well. It was a 1969 trailer with all original finishings and we repainted, put in new flooring, a new ceiling, re-sealed the roof and sent it off to a family with a baby who wanted to get outdoors. We called it “pre-marriage counseling”. Well, if that was pre-marriage counseling, then this next project is definitely going to be some serious relationship therapy (don’t we all need it at this point??).
The camper we bought doesn’t actually need renovating (which my husband reminds me of daily), but I love design and I love unique spaces so this is basically my Superbowl. I CANNOT WAIT TO GET STARTED.
What’s on my reno list:
1. Repaint gray interior walls white (these were painted and primed by the previous owner) gray is just not for me!
2. Wallpaper – I’m planning to wallpaper a wall in the bedroom corner, bathroom door, and front side of the fridge wall. My fav picks from Etsy:
3. Bathroom update – my inspo board can be found in this post!
4. Kitchen update – add white subway tile backsplash (yes, cliche, but it works). Paint remaining walls white and possibly add some new hardware.
5. Bedroom update – wallpaper 1 accent wall and paint the rest…not sure what color yet! I’m thinking we go with simple white bedding and a bright blanket.
6. Dining room update – DIY some covers for the dinette seats. The leather is in great shape, but it’s not my style. Something durable and neutral…dropcloths??
So….time to get started! Follow my Instagram Stories for daily updates on progress! And lack thereof!